Provence Lemon Chicken
2 chicken breast, raw
1 small can, artichoke hearts in oil
2 cups, cherry tomatoes, halved
2 T pesto
1 cup, dry orzo
1 1/2 cups, chicken stock
2 T, herbs de provence
olive oil, butter
2 T, grated parmesan
1. Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat.
2. Season chicken with salt, pepper, and herbs de provence on both sides.
3. Add olive oil to pan and saute chicken breasts on boths sides for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Remove chicken breasts from pan, add orzo, and toast in oil. Then add the drained artichoke hearts, and cherry tomatoes.
5. Deglaze with chicken stock to cover orzo by 1/4 of an inch.
6. Add chicken back into pan, nestle the chicken in the orzo and try to make sure the chicken breasts are touching the bottom of the pan. Cover.
7. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until orzo is cooked through.
8. Remove chicken breasts from the pan, rest, and slice.
9. Add pesto to the orzo, season with salt & pepper, taste.
10. Serve chicken on the bed of orzo, finish with grated Parmesan if you desire.