Southern Cobb Chicken Salad
2 grilled chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
2 hard-boiled eggs
1/4 cup, blue cheese
2 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 heads, romaine lettuce
2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
1/4 cup toasted pecans
1 1/2 T red wine vinegar
1 T honey
1/4 cup, olive oil
1 avocado, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1/3 cup flat leaf parsley, rough chopped or torn
1. In a small stockpot, place two whole eggs (in shell) in and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil and cover, turn the heat off and leave undisturbed for 12 minutes. Remove eggs from hot water and place in a small ice bath.
2. Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Toast pecans until fragrant, remove pecans, and then cook bacon until crispy. Remove from the pan and chop bacon into small pieces. 3. Reduce heat and add the following ingredients: honey, dijon, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, whisk to combine. Turn the heat off.
4. Wash and clean romaine lettuce. Cut each leaf lenghwise in down the center and then into 2 inch wide pieces.
5. On a large plate begin to arrange the lettuce into a long row on one side.
6. Arrange the remaining ingredients into rows alongside the lettuce. Season with salt and pepper, then pour dressing over the entire salad.