Spring Chicken Salad With Bibb Lettuce
2 Grilled Chicken Breasts
1 Breakfast radish, thinly sliced
1/2 cup Sugarsnap Peas
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
2 T, Honey
1/4 cup, Olive oil
2 Oranges, peeled, sliced
2 T, Toasted Nut (walnut or pecan, walnuts are high in omega 3's and would be best option for nutritional value 'healthiest nut')
1 head, Bibb Lettuce
2 T, Dijon mustard
1. Heat a large skillet to medium heat, add whole walnuts and toast until aromatic, remove from heat and loosely chop.
2. In a large bowl whisk together lemon juice, honey, Dijon, salt, pepper, and olive oil together until combined. Or place all salad dressing ingredients in a mason jar, close with lid, and shake until emulsified.
3. Clean sugar snap peas and breakfast radishes. Cut sugar snap peas on a bias, and add to large bowl. Thinly slice breakfast radish using a chef knife or a mandolin, add to large bowl.
4. Cut the top and bottom off of the oranges, begin to remove the orange peel by following the curve of the orange with a small pairing knife. Once the peel and pithe has been removed, turn the orange on its side and slice into 1/4 inch thick rounds.
5. Pull apart bibb lettuce head leaf by leaf and clean.
6. Prepare the grilled chicken breast according to directions on the package and slice into 1/4 inch thick pieces, set aside.
7. Dress the salad in the large bowl, add the peas, radishes, oranges, and walnuts. Season with salt and freshly cracked pepper.
8. Serve family style on a large platter, with chicken across the top.