Lemongrass Chicken Burgers
Join us in the kitchen with Chef Meg Brent of White Oak Kitchen & Cocktails in downtown Atlanta. Chef Meg's Lemongrass Chicken Burgers are perfect for summer!
2 ground chicken thighs
Seasoning Mix for patty
Minced Lemongrass, sweated, cooled
2T minced garlic ,sweated, cooled
1T ginger minced,sweated, cooled
2ea minced,shallot sweated, cooled
1t fish sauce
0.25 cup pineapple juice
1t chinese five spice
2T soy sauce
2T sambal, adjust to your liking of spice
2T rice wine Vinegar
3T scallion rough chop, set aside
3T cilantro, rough chop, set aside
3T piquillo pepper, rough chop, set aside for the Spicy mayo
1 cup Dukes Mayo
0.3 cup sambal
2T soy sauce
Splash of fish sauce
3T rice wine Vinegar
for the slaw Topping
0.25 cups carrot,fine, julienned
0.25 cups cucumber,fine, julienned
0.25 cups cilantro, leaves
0.25 cups cabbage fine, julienned
0.25 cups radishfine, julienned
1. Blend marinade Ingredients to a smooth paste. Mix with ground chicken, cilantro, scallion, and piquillo pepper.
2. Chill for meat 1 hr before forming patties.
3. meanwhile, whisk together spicy mayo ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
4. In another bowl, toss slaw ingredients with salt/pepper, olive oil, and lime juice.
5. Form patties
6. Sear each side in a hot oiled sautee pan, add a Tab of butter on top of each patty before finishing in the oven at
400 degrees F until the internal tempature reaches 165 degrees F.
7. Assemble with Chef Meg's special mayo and slaw on your favorite bun and serve.