Chicken and Sage Breakfast Sausage
1 lb. SMF Chicken Thighs, boneless & skinless, roughly chopped
4 oz. Bacon, diced
4 Sage leaves, minced
¼ tsp. Cayenne Pepper
¼ tsp. Nutmeg
½ tsp Kosher salt
4 slices of Good Bread
Salted Butter, at room temperature
1. Pulse the chicken, bacon, sage, cayenne, and nutmeg in a food processor, pausing to scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula, and pulse until the mixture resembles ground meat. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
2. Heat a sauté pan over medium heat. Remove one spoonful and cook in the pan to an internal temperature of 165ºF to check seasoning. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
3. Form the ground meat into 4 even patties and cook in the same sauté pan to an internal temperature of 165ºF. Transfer the patties to a plate lined with paper towels. Leave about 1 oz. of drippings in the sauté pan and discard the remaining drippings.
4. Toast the bread. While the bread is toasting, crack the eggs into a mixing bowl. Whisk to evenly combine the yolks and whites. Cook the eggs in the sauté pan over medium-high heat until desired doneness.
5. Spread the butter evenly on toast. Arrange 4 plates with toast, scrambled eggs, and sausage