Ricotta Gnocchi with Chicken, Pesto and Snap Peas
1 tsp. kosher salt*, plus more to taste
2 tsp. cooking oil*, divided
8 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast
6 oz. mixed mushrooms
4 oz. snap beans
6 oz. Alfresco Pasta ricotta gnocchi
1/4 cup Alfresco Pasta basil pesto
1 oz. shaved Parmesan cheese
1. Fill a medium saucepan halfway with about 6 cups
water. Stir in 1 teaspoon kosher salt, and place over
high heat. This is your pasta cooking water.
2. While you wait for the water to come to a boil,
prepare your mise en place: Remove and discard
any tough mushroom stems; thinly slice tender
stems and mushroom caps. Trim ends from beans,
and cut beans into 3/4-inch pieces. Cut chicken into
3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add
1 teaspoon cooking oil. When oil is shimmering add
chicken, and cook without disturbing until brown on
the first side, 2-3 minutes. Turn over each piece, and
cook until brown on the second side, about 2 min-
utes more. Remove chicken to a clean plate or bowl.
Cover and set aside.
4. Add remaining 1 teaspoon cooking oil to pan. Stir
in mushrooms, taking care to scrape up any brown
bits that may have been left by the chicken. Spread
mushrooms in an even layer, and cook without
stirring to brown the bottoms, 2-3 minutes.
5. Reduce heat to medium, and stir in snap beans.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until the beans begin to
darken in color and become a bit softer, 2-3 min-
6. When pasta cooking water comes to a boil, stir
in gnocchi. Cook, gently stirring occasionally to pre-
vent sticking, until gnocchi is tender but still a little
chewy, 5-6 minutes. Reserve 1/4 cup cooking liquid,
then drain gnocchi.
7. Return chicken to sauté pan. Add gnocchi. Stir
in pesto and enough of the reserved pasta cooking
liquid to enable pesto to lightly coat all ingredients.
Taste and adjust seasoning as desired with kosher
8. Divide between 2 plates, and top with Parmesan.