Chicken Milanesa with Arugula Salad
1 cup baby tomatoes
Olive oil, salt & pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 chicken breast, thinly pounded
1 cup flour
4 eggs, beaten
2 cups panko bread crumbs
1 cup arugula
1 cup baby tomatoes, halved
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 lemon, halved
1) Heat the oven to 425 degrees and preheat a skillet and grill pan.
2) Toss tomatoes in a bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with
parchment paper and roast until blistered and softened, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from
the oven to cool
3) Season chicken with salt and pepper. With a pair of tongs, coat chicken with flour. Tap off excess
and transfer to egg mixture. Coat chicken with egg, shake off excess, and transfer to bread
4) Add oil and butter to hot cast iron skillet. Shake excess bread crumbs from chicken and transfer
to skillet. Cook until both sides are golden brown and move to a serving plate.
5) Place lemons cut side down on the grill to caramelize. Remove and transfer to the plate.
6) In a medium bowl, toss arugula with cooled roasted tomatoes. Toss with vinegar, olive oil, salt
and pepper. Serve on top of the chicken with grilled lemon halves.